External Business Partners Honored in Excellence Awards
P&G recognized and thanked 60,000+ external business partners who contribute so much to our business – these valued suppliers provide critical materials, packaging, equipment, transportation & logistics, as well as business, IT and marketing services
It takes a village! Never has that been more apparent than during 2020, as we worked to maintain the production, distribution and availability of our brands for consumers around the world who count on them and the benefits they provide.
While the contributions of our more than 60,000 external business partners (EBP) are not always readily apparent to those who use our brands, these valued suppliers provide critical materials, packaging, equipment, transportation & logistics, as well as business, IT and marketing services.
We couldn’t do it without them! That’s why we take time every two years to recognize those who have consistently gone above and beyond. In December, we proudly recognized a distinguished group of 27 suppliers with our EBP Excellence Award.
“P&G's suppliers are critical members of our ecosystem,” said Ana Elena Marziano, Chief Purchasing Officer. “They work seamlessly with us to deliver affordable, high-quality products and services. They are constantly innovating to improve the quality and performance of our products, packaging and retail execution and to better communicate the value and superiority of products to our consumers. It is an honor to recognize our highest performing partners for their outstanding contributions to P&G.”
2020 winners include Badger & Winters, Carat USA, Clemenger Field Marketing, Dr Schumacher, DuPont Nutrition & BioSciences, Ernst & Young LLP, Firmenich, Foboha, Grey NY, Hi-P International Limited, Momentive, MSL, Nicosia Creative, One Plus Management LTD, PFNonwovens, Plastipak Packaging, Inc., Rialto Enterprises Pvt. Ltd, Ronchi Mario S.p.A, Sandler AG, Shandong Tianli Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Superpac, Inc., Supreme Resources Inc., Tag Hongkong and Taiwan, Takenaka Corporation, TWE GmbH & Co. KG, Yamada Electric Ind. CO., LTD, and ZRP Printing Group Co., Limited.
Each of these partners has, directly or indirectly, made a significant impact on our products, packaging, marketing communications and in-store experience. Through COVID, they were essential to keeping our sites running and supporting P&G’s goal of being a Force for Good and a Force for Growth. Amongst the winners:
- A PR agency who worked on the consumer education program that helped launch Microban24, a surface cleaning product, at the beginning of the pandemic. Read more about Microban 24 here.
- Partners who stepped up to help us respond to surges in demand. This includes suppliers who keep our in-store displays stocked in China, and others who provide absorbent materials for Pampers and Always.
- With changes in consumer cleaning habits, we are fortunate to have a partner that co-developed the best-in-class enzymes used in Cascade and Fairy to deliver a "perfect cleaning every time" and in Tide and Ariel to remove the toughest stains.
- Partners who help P&G bring new innovations to our consumers. The producer of the handles for our Gillette razors worked tirelessly to keep the latest Fusion and other initiative launches on track, while Tampax launched Radiant and Pocket utilizing a supplier’s state-of-the-art equipment that provides the shape to our tampons.
- We appreciate how another partner added manufacturing capacity needed to support our growing SK-II business. We rely on our supplier’s industry-leading liquid filling technologies to help P&G serve our Pantene and Head & Shoulders consumers with new product ideas faster.
- Packaging suppliers provide Crest with beautifully printed cartons to find the right toothpaste for your smile and Charmin with strong packaging films, so consumers have the rolls they need to enjoy the go.
Many of our external business partners also share our passion and commitment for being a force for good.
One partner is enabling us to advance our Neurodiversity hiring program. One of North America Olay‘s partners on the Maximize Us campaign helped us share a message of equality, unity and strength.
Huge congratulations and a THANK YOU to all of our Excellence Award Winners!