Highlights from P&G's consumer analyst group of New York conference 2021
Today, P&G’s Vice Chairman, COO and CFO Jon Moeller spoke at the Consumer Analyst Group of New York Conference (CAGNY) discussing P&G’s strategic choices and why we believe P&G is well positioned for the future. CAGNY is a high-profile meeting of investors and analysts who follow consumer goods companies. P&G and many of our global competitors share presentations there each year. This year, the conference was held virtually.
Jon shared a short recap of Company results as reported in January, reminding investors that P&G is building on the strong momentum we’ve created over the past three years. Our momentum, before the pandemic and during the pandemic, reflects the underlying strength of our integrated strategy which is driving our business. To learn more, click here.
- We’ve focused our portfolio in 10 categories – in daily-use products where performance drives brand choice.
- We’re extending our margin of superiority in product, package, brand communication, retail execution and consumer/customer value.
- We’re driving productivity improvements to fund our investments and improve profitability.
- We’re leading constructive disruption across the value chain in our industry.
- We’ve created a more focused, agile, and accountable organization operating at the speed of the market.
Jon noted that “Superiority is an opportunity that does not sunset. It is a relative measure versus the best competition in the market. It’s not a static target. There is always upside to grow categories and delight consumers.”, and highlighted several examples of superiority across categories, including Fabric Care, Home Care, Hair Care, Oral Care, and more.
We believe P&G is well positioned for the future, to serve consumers’ heightened needs and changing behaviors, and to serve the changing needs of our retail and distributor partners. As consumer needs continue to evolve, we are positioned to meet them, whether that's:
- An increased cleaning, health and hygiene focus
- An increased focus on the home
- Increased importance of superior performance
- An increased preference for established, reputable brands, or
- A potential for lasting shift to e-commerce.
If you’re interested in more details on today’s CAGNY presentation, you can visit P&G’s Investor Relations site at www.pginvestor.com/event, where the webcast audio replay will be available shortly.